Adeel A Bhutta
Luddy Hall (700 N. Woodlawn Ave) 2016
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at University of Central Florida, Orlando
- M.S. in Computer Engineering at University of Central Florida, Orlando
- M.S. in Computer Science at University of Central Florida, Orlando
Courses Taught at Luddy
- A290/A590 Android App Development I & II
- B456 Image Processing
- C291 System Programming with C and Unix
- C323 Mobile App Development (Android)
- H212/C212/A592 Introduction to Computer Systems
- P565/465 Software Engineering I & SE for Information Systems I
- Y399 Project in Professional Practice (Internship Course)
Mr. Adeel Bhutta is currently Senior Lecturer of Computer Science in Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. At IU, he has proposed, developed and taught many fundamental and advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in different areas including Programming, Software Design & Development, Mobile App Development, Image Processing, and Software Engineering. Prior to joining IU, he was the Coordinator and Lecturer of Computer Technology (now called IT) at Kent State University @ Stark where he developed the COMT program from grounds-up and led one of the fastest growing programs on campus. He also taught a number of CS & ECE courses at University of Central Florida (UCF) and Valencia College.
Mr. Bhutta's industrial experience includes working on optimization of Video Compression algorithms (H263) for TriMedia processors and developing application software for Voice over IP (VoIP) systems. He holds a PhD degree in Computer Engineering and two MS degrees in Computer Science as well as Computer Engineering, all from UCF. His primary areas of research in recent years have been within Computer Vision and Image Processing and he has worked on Background Subtraction, Selective Subtraction and Deep Learning. In addition, his recent research has focussed on Computer Science Education and more specifically, Active Learning Techniques.
Mr. Bhutta is Senior Member of IEEE and Professional (full) Member of ACM and IET. He has regularly served on many departmental/school committees along with program committees of several International Conferences and Journals and has been awarded several fellowships, scholarships and awards. Most recently, he was awarded IU FACET's Mumford Excellence in Extraordinary Teaching Award (2021), IU's prestigious Trustees Teaching Award (2019) and Champion of Inclusion Award from SICE (2017).
- Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Computer Vision, Speech, and Music Processing