As you consider IU housing, we think you’ll love one learning community in particular: the Luddy LLC. Located in Teter Quad, the Luddy LLC will help you start strong at IU and take advantage of special opportunities like a trip to Silicon Valley.
The Luddy Living Learning Center, a residential community for first-year techies
Get a head start and make lifelong friends
In the Luddy LLC, first-year students who love technology, whether they’re pursuing a major in the Luddy School or outside of the school, live together and participate in a program that gives them an edge at IU and beyond.
The Luddy LLC will help you transition to college, succeed academically, develop your career skills, connect with people at Luddy and with employers, and make friends who will support and challenge you throughout your life.
My floor was very close. It gives you such a great group to lean on when you are struggling, and we had a great time bonding outside of homework.Gracie Renfro, computer science major and former Luddy LLC resident
Your year in the Luddy LLC will include:
- Access to a network of faculty, advisors, tutors, and mentors
- A trip to visit Silicon Valley employers like Apple, LinkedIn, and Thumbtack during spring break
- “Dish and Dines,” where you eat dinner with leaders in the technology field and learn about their companies
- Professional development events like resume reviews and mock projects
- A course that Luddy LLC students take together
- A makerspace with prototyping equipment just for Luddy LLC students
- Social programs in evenings and on weekends
Apply to live in the Luddy LLC
The IU housing application opens February 1, and the priority deadline to apply to live in the Luddy LLC is May 1. If you apply after May 1 or make changes to your submitted application after May 1, you may not receive full consideration for a spot in the LLC. Space is limited and in high demand, so apply as early as possible.
In your application, make sure to:
- Indicate your preference for the Luddy LLC
- Answer the three Luddy LLC questions in 150 to 200 words
- Pay the $200 application fee, which is used for LLC events and programs
What happens next
You’ll be notified if your application has been chosen for a second round of review. If you’re selected to live in the Luddy LLC, you’ll be notified by June 1.
For more information about the Luddy LLC, write to email@example.com.