Luddy Pre-College Summer Program 2021
The 2021 Luddy Pre-College Program is a five-day virtual camp for high school students to explore how the Luddy community uses and designs computational tools to solve problems in engineering, science, and society. Participants will learn to use the python programming language to control a multiplicity of systems, interact with experts across our school, and gain a broad vision for computing in the 21st century.
- intelligent sound-processing
- microbiome gene sequencing
- collecting scientific data using robots
- 3D modeling and photogrammetry
- virtual world design
- strategic intelligence
- smart homes and automation
- designing for humans and animals, and more.
To make the virtual camp more immersive, we have:
- A "Minecraft" style virtual lobby, with a 3D recreation of the Luddy School buildings and its surrounding ecosystems. From this lobby students can connect with lectures, workshops, and games hosted by Luddy faculty, staff, and students.
- A dedicated undergraduate facilitator for each small group. This facilitator helps students with initial software setup and helps mentor participants throughout the 5-day camp.
Other program details:
- Who: Students entering grades 9-12
- When: June 21-25, 2021
- Times: 12:00noon – 4:00pm daily
- Program fee: $300
- Program Capacity: 50 (waitlist maintained after capacity is reached)
- Cancellation: Full refund if canceled by June 1.
- No experience is necessary to participate; participants will be grouped according to skill level, and all students will be given the support they need to succeed.
Contact Debbie Terrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the Luddy Pre-College Program