The Luddy Scholars program is the premier undergraduate scholarship program at the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. Recipients of this prestigious award are afforded exclusive opportunities to interact with tech leaders, faculty, and alumni that will help them build their network.
The standards for maintaining your position as a Luddy Scholar are high.
- Luddy Scholars must remain in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative program GPA of 3.5 while carrying a minimum course load of 12 credit hours each semester.
- They must remain a computer science, data science, informatics, Cybersecurity & Global Policy, or intelligent systems engineering major at IU Bloomington.
- They must participate fully in all aspects of the Luddy Scholars Program, including extracurricular activities.
Our annual Luddy Seminar series will feature tech visionaries from strategic locations around the United States. Luddy Scholars will also be offered a variety of programs with faculty, alumni, and technology business leaders.
To be eligible to receive an invitation to apply for the Luddy Scholars Program, students must meet the following guidelines and provide all necessary documentation.
- Submit a complete application for admission to IU Bloomington by November 1 of the senior year of high school
- Indicate computer science (B.S. only), data science, informatics, Cybersecurity & Global Policy, or intelligent systems engineering as the intended major on the application for admission
- Be admitted to Indiana University Bloomington and offered direct admission to the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering
- Score at least 1410 on the SAT (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing and Math) or have a minimum ACT score of 32
- Minimum 3.8 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be an Indiana resident