Gregor von Laszewski
MESH (2425 N. Milo B Sampson Ln) 158L
Office hours: upon appointment
- PhD in Computer Science at Syracuse University, 1996
His interests are in containers, cloud computing, cyperphsical systems, edge computing as in robotics and internet of things utilizing cloud computing. He is interested in hw AI relates to these topics.
- Best Staff award at IU
- DOE outstanding mentor award
- Best of show at SC
- Best poster at SC among 109
- Coached STEM FLL team winning the special judges award at the World Championship
He teaches courses covering
Introduction to cloud computing
Advanced cloud computing
Edge Computing with interface to clouds
von Laszewski offers the opportunity to work with our team as part of independent studies (3 credits). He has many exciting projects, but mainly focuses on cloudmesh, the creation of a raspberry PI cluster, the creation of a kubernetes cluster, containers, and kubernetes, and scientific impact studies.
- von Laszewski has written more than 100 articles published in books, journals, and confernces.
- see https://laszewski.github.io
- Systems for Big Data Analytics