You’ll be offered automatic direct admission to the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering if you meet ALL of these requirements:
- Apply for admission to IU Bloomington by November 1.
- Declare a Luddy major. (The B.A. in Computer Science is a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences. B.A. students won’t be offered direct admission to Luddy.)
- Receive admission to IU Bloomington.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. We will use the highest GPA that is sent to IU Admissions from your official high school transcript. In most cases this is the weighted GPA.
- Earn a minimum SAT score of 1310 (reading/writing and math only) or minimum ACT score of 28. We accept superscores.
- Intelligent systems engineering applicants must earn an SAT math score of at least 620 or an ACT math score of at least 26.
- IU is test optional. To find out if this is the right path for you, learn more about our test-optional admissions policy. Please note: test-optional applicants with a 3.75+ GPA are not guaranteed direct admission.
*If you choose to apply to IU without ACT/SAT scores under the test-optional guidelines you will be reviewed for automatic direct admission on other aspects of your application, including performance in academic coursework, quality of application essay(s), and additional activities and achievements.
You’ll learn if you’ve been offered direct admission within four weeks of being admitted to IU Bloomington.